We hope this letter finds you in good health. We appreciate your patience as we modify our practice protocols to adjust to the changing healthcare landscape due to the pandemic. While many things have changed, one thing remains the same: Our commitment to our patients and their safety.
We are now at the point where we are able to reopen our practice. We will begin seeing patients at 50% capacity beginning May 26th. We do realize Dental offices were given the go ahead to reopen sooner; however, we are taking this additional time to get our office prepared. Infection control has always been a top priority for us, as you may have seen during your visits to our office. We will continue to follow ADA, CDC and OSHA infection control regulations. As we reopen, you may see some changes for your next appointment. We have implemented these changes to protect our patients and our staff.
– Our office will communicate with you before your scheduled appointment to ask some screening questions. You will also be asked these same questions when you arrive for your appointment.
– The reception area will not be used until state regulations permit public gatherings. We ask that you remain in your vehicle when you arrive for your appointment. If someone is accompanying you to your appointment, they will need to remain in the vehicle. (this does not apply to children with scheduled appointments or those needing assistance)
– When you arrive for your appointment, please call the office and a staff member will greet you outside. This will be considered your check-in. There is no need to check in at the kiosk at this time.
– Upon entering the office you will also be asked to head straight to the restroom and pre-rinse with a peroxide mouthwash prior to your appointment and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, then your temperature will be taken.
– Isolites will be used for every dental visit (An isolite is a convenient hands-free suction and retraction unit). These are a great way to decrease aerosols! Isolites also protect your tongue and cheek while keeping your mouth open and guarding your airway.
– Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
– We have temporarily suspended the 50.00 missed appointment fee. If you are not feeling well, please let us know and we will gladly reschedule your appointment for a later date.
– We have installed plexi-glass barriers at both reception areas.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you safe. To schedule an appointment, please call our office at 505-982-4686.
Thank you for entrusting your dental care to Sharpe Dental Studio and we look forward to welcoming you back.