Infection control has always been a top priority for us, as you may have seen during your visits to our office. We will continue to follow ADA, CDC and OSHA infection control regulations. You will see some changes for your next appointment. We have implemented these changes to protect our patients and our staff.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- Our office will communicate with you before your scheduled appointment to ask some screening questions. You will also be asked these same questions when you arrive for your appointment.
- The reception area will not be used until state regulations permit public gatherings. We ask that you remain in your vehicle when you arrive for your appointment. If someone is accompanying you to your appointment, they will need to remain in the vehicle. (this does not apply to children with scheduled appointments or those needing assistance)
- Masks will be worn by all staff members.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please call the office and a staff member will give you further instruction. This will be considered your check-in. There is no need to check in at the kiosk at this time.
- Upon entering the office you will also be asked to head straight to the restroom and pre-rinse with a peroxide mouthwash prior to your appointment and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, then your temperature will be taken. We are cleaning the restrooms after every patient.
- Isolites will be used for every dental visit (An isolite is a convenient hands-free suction and retraction unit). These are a great way to decrease aerosols! Isolites also protect your tongue and cheek while keeping your mouth open and guarding your airway.
- Dr. Sharpe along with all clinicians will be changing lab coat after every patient. We have added additional PPE (personal protective equipment) ex. N95 masks, face shields, aerosol extractor, patient shields that will be used according to procedures performed.
- Dr. Sharpe will no longer be conducting exams during routine cleaning visits when she is seeing patients for dental procedures to reduce the risk of any possible transmission of COVID-19. We have devoted 1 day a week to exams only and she is doing tele-dentistry as needed to address any patient concerns.
- The Solea laser will be used on procedures that qualify. Using the laser allows for a significant aerosols reduction during dental procedures. http://www.convergentdental.com/press/solea-all-tissue-laser-reduces-dental-aerosols-splatter-by-up-to-99percent/
- Doors will be closed during high aerosol procedures.
- We have temporarily suspended the 50.00 missed appointment fee. If you are not feeling well, please let us know and we will gladly reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- We have installed plexi-glass barriers at both reception areas.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the associated fees for the added precautions or the steps we are taking to keep you safe. To schedule an appointment, please call our office at 505-982-4686.
Thank you for entrusting your dental care to Sharpe Dental Studio and we look forward seeing you.
Please CLICK HERE to fill out the COVID-19 screening form