Infection control has always been a top priority for us, as you may have seen during your visits to our office. We will continue to follow ADA, CDC and OSHA infection control regulations. You will see some changes for your next appointment. We have implemented these changes to protect our patients and our staff.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- The reception area will not be used, we ask that you remain in your vehicle when you arrive for your appointment. If someone is accompanying you to your appointment, they will need to remain in the vehicle. (this does not apply to children with scheduled appointments or those needing assistance)
- Masks will be worn by all clinical staff.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please call the office and a staff member will give you further instruction. This will be considered your check-in. There is no need to check in at the kiosk at this time.
- Upon entering the office you will also be asked to head straight to the restroom and pre-rinse with a mouthwash prior to your appointment and wash your hands. We are cleaning the restrooms after every patient.
- Isolites will be used for every dental visit (An isolite is a convenient hands-free suction and retraction unit). These are a great way to decrease aerosols! Isolites also protect your tongue and cheek while keeping your mouth open and guarding your airway.
- Dr. Sharpe along with all clinicians will be changing lab coat after every patient. We have added additional PPE (personal protective equipment) ex. N95 masks, face shields, aerosol extractor, patient shields that will be used according to procedures performed.
- The Solea laser will be used on procedures that qualify. Using the laser allows for a significant aerosols reduction during dental procedures. http://www.convergentdental.com/press/solea-all-tissue-laser-reduces-dental-aerosols-splatter-by-up-to-99percent/
- Doors will be closed during high aerosol procedures.
- We have installed plexi-glass barriers at both reception areas.
- We have installed an in-duct air purification system. Using a unique technology, the Air Knight IPG system uses UV light energy to illuminate a quint-metallic core to produce ionic oxidizers that seek out and attack a broad spectrum of indoor air pollutants. These ionic “air scrubbers” clean the air AND surfaces wherever the air goes.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the associated fees for the added precautions or the steps we are taking to keep you safe. To schedule an appointment, please call our office at 505-982-4686.
Thank you for entrusting your dental care to Sharpe Dental Studio and we look forward seeing you.